This recipe uses a cast iron skillet, my go-to skillet for anything to do with browning pheasant or any meats. If you need a good cast iron skillet, try Camp Chef’s. They are already seasoned. And take a look at their cast iron cleaner and conditioner to keep your cookware working great for years.
Skillet Pheasant Breasts
- 4 – 6 boneless pheasant breasts skin on or off
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbl onion finely diced
- 2 tbl capers
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup rice or white wine vinegar
- pinch sugar
- 1/4 cup black olives chopped
- 1 cup small tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or parsley leaves chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Rub meat with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat and lightly brown on both sides. Add garlic and next 5 ingredients. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Remove pheasant when just cooked and keep warm. Whisk in remaining oil. Add olives, tomato and basil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon tomato mixture over cooked breasts and top with cheese.