Of course this is the perfect opportunity to plug the Camp Chef Smoker. They have a few different sizes for your budget. This beauty is a beast and looks awesome in your backyard (at least that’s what you tell your spouse).
Smoked Trout with Herb and Lime Mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 1 lb trout cleaned (of course)
Herb and Lime Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs any
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 limes juice only
Combine ingredients and blend well.
- In a bowl, combine salt with next 4 ingredients and mix well. Rub mixture on trout, inside and out. Place rubbed fish in a dish, cover and refrigerate for 12 hours. Remove fish and place on a rack in the refrigerator, uncovered for 1 hour to glaze. Place fish in a low-heat (160 – 170 degrees) smoker or barbecue for 1 hour or until cooked throughout. Allow to cool and remove skin and skeleton. Arrange on a platter with fruit, cheese and Herb and Lime Mayonnaise.