Wild Game Torta with Pickled Onions
Susie Jimenez makes a traditional torta using shredded venison
Servings: 4 people
- 1 lb wild game roast/loin/steaks
- 4 torta buns cut in half
- shredded lettuce, sliced tomato and crema
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- slow cook your wild game roast/loin or steak until nicely shredded
- meantime, pickle your onions by combining all ingredients and let sit in bowl for an hour, if possible.
- cut your torta buns in half and lightly toast them on a hot grill, or broil in oven.
- add toppings of shaved lettuce, tomato and crema
- assemble and enjoy!