For these wild turkey spring rolls, I like to use ground thigh meat, but ground wild turkey breasts work well, too.
Wild Turkey Spring Rolls
Servings: 6 spring rolls
- 2 cups cooked ground wild turkey
- 6 spring roll wrappers package might read “egg roll wrappers”
- 1 cup each carrot onion, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper – all julienned
- ⅓ cup fresh basil leaves chopped or whole
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with equal part cold water
- oil for frying
- Place spring roll wrappers on a work surface. Place equal amounts of cooked meat on the center of each in a rectangle. Arrange equal amounts of julienned carrot, onion, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper on top of the meat.
- Using a finger or brush, “paint” the outside edges of each wrapper with the cornstarch mixture. Fold in the outside edges, pressing down to seal with the cornstarch “glue”. Roll firmly like a burrito while sealing all edges.
- Place in 350 to 360 degree oil and fry until golden brown.
I like to use this recipe with ground thigh meat, but ground wild turkey breasts work well, too.