Here’s a recipe you can use with your ground game, whether it’s elk, antelope, or deer.
I like to make a batch of these ahead of time, then vacuum seal and freeze them. You can take them right out of the freezer, put them on the grill or in a skillet and they’ll be a perfect medium rare by the time they’re cooked.
For extra flavor, you can’t go wrong with adding a little ground pork shoulder to your ground wild game.
Chipotle Elk Sliders
- 1 ½ pounds ground elk (or other ground wild game) (add some ground pork shoulder for additional fat/flavor if desired)
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp Hi-Mountain Chipotle Burger Seasoning
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Add onion, shredded cheese and Hi-Mountain Chipotle Burger Seasoning to the ground meat. Mix well.
- Form into balls, put into preheated skillet and gently press each burger.
- Brown evenly on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Melt grated parmesan cheese before removing from heat.Place in buns with lettuce, tomato and your choice of condiments.