You grill the corn, not the black beans. This recipe is perfect for grilled firm-fleshed fish. It’s best prepared during the summer when local sweet corn is fresh and, if you can get some, homegrown tomatoes have been vine-ripened. This is also great as a side dish!
Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salsa for Fish
- 3 ears sweet corn husks and silk removed
- 1 small red bell pepper halved and seeded
- 1 small green bell pepper halved and seeded
- 1 medium red onion sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cooked black beans drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup fresh tomato seeded and diced
- dash or two Tabasco
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rub corn, peppers and onion with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and place on a white-hot grill. Grill until corn is lightly browned and peppers are charred. Remove charred skin from peppers (leaving some of the charred skin is fine) and corn kernels from cobs. Combine corn and peppers with remaining ingredients and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour to combine flavors.