For all upland game birds. Great with pasta and poor it over your upland game meat, like pheasant or duck. Use fresh parmesan for best results. Add a little bread and side salad and you are good to go.
Parmesan Cream Sauce
Servings: 1 Cup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons yellow or white onion minced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth cold
- 1 lemon juice only
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until onions are translucent. Sprinkle flour over onions and garlic, stir and cook for another 1 – 2 minutes. While stirring, slowly add in wine or chicken broth and lemon juice. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in cream and cheese and stir until cheese is melted and sauce is hot and bubbly.