If you don’t have a smoker or any smoked wild turkey meat on hand, substitute any cooked upland game bird meat. Leave the turkey whole in legs or wings, like in the picture, for a different method of serving. Try making your own dressing too – it tastes much better than store bought.
Smoked Wild Turkey Salad
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce shredded
- 2 cups diced smoked wild turkey
- 1 cup orange segments
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 red onion peeled and thinly sliced
- In a bowl, whisk together rice vinegar, garlic, orange juice concentrate, olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Toss remaining ingredients in a large bowl with the dressing and serve immediately.