This stuffed meatballs recipe is from our Sporting Friend, Susie Jimenez, who was the runner-up on Season 7 of “Food Network Star.” Everything Susie touches has a spicy twist to it, which you can dial up, or down.
- 1 lb ground meat
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped
- 6 basil leaves chopped
- 6 sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 10-12 mozzarella balls
- 2 cups crushed canned tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients except for mozzarella. Assemble meatballs on a sheet tray. Push each cube of mozzarella inside each meatball and reform.
- Place them in oven at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Serve with tomato sauce.
- Combine tomatoes and garlic cloves. Season with salt and pepper.