Well of course I’m going to push the Camp Chef Smokers for this recipe. My friend Tiffany Haugen has smoked quite a lot of fish in her smoker, she even wrote a cookbook on it! Check out all of her cookbooks on her Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/tiffanydhaugen/my-cookbooks/
Smoked Trout Appetizer
- 3/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 1 lb trout cleaned (of course)
- Combine salt, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Rub fish inside and out with mixture. Place in dish, cover and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Remove trout from dish. Place on rack. Air-dry in refrigerator until shiny, about 2 hours.
- Place trout in low-temperature smoker for 1 - 2 hours or until firm.